Getting some rescues tomorrow..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My aunt texted my mom saying she had some fish and asked if I would keep them or they "would be getting flushed". :(
She works for a cell phone accessory company and they apparently have had a display at the southern women's show with a fish tank for their demonstrations of a waterproof cell case. She said there were two guppies, a goldfish, and a black fish. Who knows what the black fish will be.

I have room for the guppies in my 20g, but the goldfish will probably end up going in the backyard goldfish/koi pond as long as it's not a fancy goldfish, which would not do well out there. If it ends up being a fancy goldfish I can give it a home in my 55g, although that's not ideal.

I bought a ten gallon tank yesterday to be a fry/quarantine tank but I've done nothing to set it up yet. I suppose I could start work on that today to house them in to be a temporary home until I figure out what to do with them. Suggestions would be awesome, you can see my stock lists/tanks on my profile. I'm not expecting them to be in great shape since the tank they've been in is obviously uncycled.

I'll upload with pictures tomorrow when they arrive.
I'm not having live fish getting flushed on my watch!

Thanks.
The fact that she sees the fish as disposable sales devices really has me upset. They may not be in perfect conditions with me, but it's better than being dead I suppose. ):

Well, the fish were not guppies or goldfish. She showed up with a ziploc bag containing two zebra danios and two (VERY small and very underfed) mollies.
I have the danios in my 55 and the mollies in my 20. I dunno if the orange molly is going to make it, as soon as I put it in the tank it went right to the bottom and lay on it's belly. I've never kept danios or mollies before but I know enough about them to manage (hopefully)

Back
Top Bottom