Getting Started What First

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudhog79

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok,

I have my substrate, take full of water that has been chlorinated. I purchased a few live plants to put in while the tank cycles with TSS.

I have Marimo Moss, Anubius Nana, and Windelov Java Fern. The moss is in a container of water, the Anubis Nana is in a bag like package, and the Fern is in a cylinder with some kind of gell. Both plants are TopFin brand.

What if anything should i do to all three of these before planting them? Anything in particular i should know?

I am planting these in a Fluval Spec V, stock light, no CO2. I have CaribSea Eco complete with a little aquarium sand on top. The TSS has not been put in the tank yet. I have had the tank running about 14 hours since i used price to declorinate the water. After 24 hours i plan on putting in the TSS.

Thanks

Don't bury the rhizomes on the Anubias it's best tied to a rock or dw. You can bury the roots but not the thick stem(rhizome) that roots and leaves shoot off.

The moss ball can just float around i believe. It will sink over time. The java fern and anubias can be tied to a rock or driftwood.

Back
Top Bottom