Getting Tank List Together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KingPoseidon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys so I’m about to start a 55gal saltwater tank. I’ve had SW tanks before but I always had hair grass issues. This time I’m creating a HOB refugium with an aquaclear110 (maybe bigger) I’m going to have a wave maker this time as well with powerheads my only problem is finding lights I’d prefer LEDs but there’s gotta be a decent set for corals that aren’t over priced to Hell. my last tank had Kenya trees and GSP and some sponges growing with a Current orbit marine light but I know they’re not amazing with all corals. So any recommendations really help every person has recommended some crazy 400$ light that I need two of supposedly so I really need the help! Thanks!!!

Aqua mars led off eBay are 100$ each and you’d probably need two. Reviews are mixed but generally positive I’d look into them at least as an option.

Aqua mars led off eBay are 100$ each and you’d probably need two. Reviews are mixed but generally positive I’d look into them at least as an option.

Awesome!!!! I was doing all kinds of searching last night and came across several cheap black box LED lights that are under 100$ but have hardly any bad reviews so I’m tempted to pull the trigger on one I believe one was the Aqua Mars that I looked at too!

Those black box style LED panels are all pretty solid. They had some issues in the beginning, but they are powerful. Just be careful not to burn your coral with them. LEDs penetrate light very well and I've accidentally nuked a lot without realizing.

Back
Top Bottom