GHA Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MCluett

Aquarium Advice Freak
Like others I am going after the hair algea in my tank. I have been doing frequent water changes with ro water, I have been picking out what I can, I have cut my lights back, and I have been trying to cut back on feeding. Now I am looking to try some sort of phosphate removal media. I dont have a phosphate reactor yet but I was wondering if I could run the media in an AC20 that I have lying around. If so would I just put the media in a media sock and put it in the filter. I am also going to try some cheato in a moded AC110 that I have. Just seeing what people think of these ideas, also looking for suggestions on which type of phosphate removal media people have had success with.

thanks
matt

You may want to go with what the Capt is saying, I used Phosban and ended up with HA in the reactor. I eventually switched my salt mix and fed less.
In my limited experience with different salt mixes, I believe the mix reacts with different kinds of water and what is in it. For example, I used to use instant ocean and was constantly getting HA and cayno, no matter what I tried. I switched to Reef Crystals and have not had issues since. I do NOT have any scientific proof, but this is what worked for me.....

One of the keys is to mix in some carbon (or other material) which will keep the material from clumping. I have a bag sitting in my canister at all times

Hmmm interesting....I just had the ph going through the reactor...guess I can't try it now, since I gave it away!

Roka Roka Roka, if you're gonna run a canister...use it..

The canister crew will be very disappointed.. very disappointed.....

Back
Top Bottom