Ghost Shrimp as feeders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mae140

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone.

Recently I've been looking into food sources other than frozen brine shrimp/bloodworms and flakes, and I was thinking about raising ghost shrimp in a separate tank as a food source alongside flakes.

My tank houses 3 bala sharks (1 adult and 2 still growing), an angelfish, a peacock eel, a golden dojo loach, and a black khuli loach.

I'm mainly interested in using the ghost shrimp to feed my balas, angel, and peacock eel (the eel only comes out in the middle of the night, I worry about him not being able to forage enough food).

Would my fish actually go for the shrimp? Or would they leave them alone, does anyone have any experience with these shrimp as feeders?

If you do some searching through the forum you will find many threads on this subject that may be helpful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a fire eel that loves ghost shrimp I just went and bought 50 of them today!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My inch long GBR craves the shrimp! I put in some small shrimp in that were supposed to be help clean but, instead they were all eaten up. All thirty of them! Highly recommend it the GBR's colors got really bold after eating the shrimp.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My inch long GBR craves the shrimp! I put in some small shrimp in that were supposed to be help clean but, instead they were all eaten up. All thirty of them! Highly recommend it the GBR's colors got really bold after eating the shrimp.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have a tank of wild type(poor quality) cherry shrimp for this purpose.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom