Ghost shrimp BABIES!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrackAttack

Aquarium Advice Activist
so one of the three females that i have in the 3 gallon breeder tank released her babies tonight. she had the fewest eggs maybe about 6. i have seen about 3 babies(no pics too small). i have half live plants in the tank and dead leaves from other plants and i crushed up spirulina wafers into a fine powder and hopefully they will be able to eat that the first week and on. lets hope they make it. any suggestions? i know i should take the other adult shrimp out but since i only have a few babies and the other two are holding atleast 15-20 eggs a piece ill just hope for the best.

Tried taking a picture. If the stick to the front glass i can get a pic but maybe you guys can make this out. There are three stuck to the side of my sponge filter

Attachments

• image-2456892654.jpg
    image-2456892654.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 181
lol cant see them. then again, I havent seen these a lot so idk what they look like for sure

builtf0rdtough said:
lol cant see them. then again, I havent seen these a lot so idk what they look like for sure

Yea they are small but there is a white spec in the middle of the picture and then one below that.

From what i can see. They look exactly like adults except without there swimmerets.

I finally got some decent pictures and it has almost been a week.

Attachments

• image-2959017081.jpg
    image-2959017081.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 157
  • image-227024241.jpg
    image-227024241.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 146
Ghost shrimp can get about an inch and a half long with their body, but close to two inches long with their antennae included.

i have another mother about to release baby shrimp in a couple of days cant wait to see more. I really cant wait to see them walking around instead of the floating thing they do now. Probably only a few more days of that until they molt.

Back
Top Bottom