Giant Danio question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karry1412

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! It's my first post here :) As you can see from the pictures something is up with one of my Giant Danio. At first I thought it might be eggs but perhaps it's dropsy? All my other fish seem perfect & she's in grand form. She does seem to hang around one particular plant & always seems to swim in one direction (towards the filter). My Rainbows do that too sometimes but she's been doing it for a while now... Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130310_184219.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130310_184219.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 62
  • ForumRunner_20130310_184229.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130310_184229.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 72
  • ForumRunner_20130310_184347.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130310_184347.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 59
Welcome to AA! That is one fat fish!!!

A couple questions first though. What size is the tank, and how long has it been set up? How long as the Danio been in there? You said that it was still swimming around, is it actually swimming, or is it just being moved by the current? Is she still eating?

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but are the scales sticking out on her belly?

Thanks so much for getting back to me & for the welcome :) She is still swimming around when she feels like it & is still eating fine. Her swimming seems fine - not laboured or anything. Her scales are sticking out. Is that bad? The tank is 120l that we've had for just under a year & she is one of the first fish we got..

Anyone got any ideas? She was super active last night - definitely not in any way lethargic. I'm concerned my other Danio seems to be getting bloated now! All the other breeds seem fine though...

Back
Top Bottom