Girlfriend Prom Idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They should have to state that when they sell them... I would have had no idea.

Yeah, I would have been clueless on the Fruit salad tetras as well. That's really too bad that people do that. Animal cruelty IMO. I find that people commonly think that fish are so much different than any other pet, just because they're smaller and cheaper... (in some cases)

First of all, your plan is just the sweetest!

Second, thank you all for telling us what happens to fruit salad tetras...one word to describe it: CRUEL.

Third, if you have not tried it yet, you can try asking severum mama or HN1 in here to see if they have some "pinky" fish that could go into your 5G. Who knows, you might be surprised coz they might have one special pinky porky for yah! ;-)

And I agree with the others here, even if you cannot find the pinky porky you are looking for, I am sure your GF will greatly appreciate the gift you'll give her.

Everyone on this site is amazing! Can I just say that?... It's so nice talking to people who know so much about fish, and care about them... and share their knowledge and resources with me.

Thank you so much everybody!

I will speak for everybody: "You are very welcome". ;-)

All of us here were beginners then, then we learned, and then we do and share things to help one another in return....;-)

Try to PM either one of them here...they have over 70+ tanks of fishes...you might be fortunate...

There are lots of different colored decorations out there. Biorb sells a bunch. Dont buy a biorb though, they are expensive. Anyways the plants are fairly cheep and you could always do black gravel from walmart. Btw petco sells some amazing bettas. I got my delta tail from there 8 bucks, but extremely healthy and he is white with a blue and white tail. Bubbles is very pretty They had red and white ones too which is close to pink. I am sure they would have a pink one too if you got lucky. **** I found a yellow one there and those are like 40 bucks on aquabid.

Cute idea btw for prom. It was just implied my boyfriend and I were going together but even I would have liked to have been asked

I don't know how much you're looking to spend on a fish, but aquabid is the most likely place to find a pink betta. I did a quick search, there's a few.

I thought about aquabid, but the dang shipping is just so much for live things... And I don't know if it would get here in time anyhow. I think I'll just stick to what I can get locally. :\ But I do love searching aquabid though.

I have a walmart and an LFS. That's it. Haha. But to be honest the LFS is kinda... Like hardly ever stocked :/

Ohh my lfs sells lots of bettas in all sorts of different colors. I found an orange one once. Named him harry potter he just recently passed away. On the other hand, maybe you will catch the LFS on a stocking day, If not be weary of walmart fish, some of them can be very sick.

Corbo said:
I have a walmart and an LFS. That's it. Haha. But to be honest the LFS is kinda... Like hardly ever stocked :/

You should just ask them when they get shipments in...maybe get on an email list if they have one :)

Back
Top Bottom