Give my fish a workout?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a powerhead, it has been pointing up at the surface to break it. But for the hell of it I pointed it down, and the fish seem to love it, they all line up and swim against the current, duck into the rocks to take a break, than jump back in. Is this important to do, give them exercise like this? They really seem to love it. If so, how often should I point the wave maker down, and for how long?

My harlequin Rasboras sometimes swim against the flow of my hob filter. They swim the current, retreat to rest up and go back for more. I agree, they don't 'need' it, but it's stimulation and enrichment.

All my fish love mine I have a big one on one side and a small nano on the other they almost seem to be doing something with the current sometimes my danio hang out behind it. Maybe they think they are safer behind it who knows.

All my fish love mine I have a big one on one side and a small nano on the other they almost seem to be doing something with the current sometimes my danio hang out behind it. Maybe they think they are safer behind it who knows.

Danios are big fans of current. Even without it they are like 2 year olds on mt. dew.

They are crazy your right. Especially at feeding time. Had one jump out of the tank and land in the jar of food.

Hah awesome, because like I said I had it pointing at the surface, but I have a tetra ap 150 kicking enough bubbles out. So I'm gonna keep my koralia 1050 pointed downwards...

Back
Top Bottom