Free: Giving away 5+ year old, ~8" Common Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had this guy for more than 5 years and he's gotten huge. Too big for my 50 gallon tank. Unfortunately the LFS didn't tell me how large he would get and I was a newb at the time.

Long story short, I've always wanted to set up a planted tank, but that is impossible with this guy lumbering around the tank. I couldn't, in good conscious, just give him to a LFS in hopes that they could re-sell him because I know that would never happen.

Is anyone interested in and capable of housing this big guy? I'd rather not ship so I'm really looking for local only. I'm in the Philadelphia area.

Or, conversely, does anybody know anywhere that might take in this big guy for use in a display tank or something of that sort? Long shot I know.

I just really wanted to do what's best for this pleco that has been through a lot in my tank. I'm just looking to go in a different direction...

I've had this guy for more than 5 years and he's gotten huge. Too big for my 50 gallon tank. Unfortunately the LFS didn't tell me how large he would get and I was a newb at the time.

Long story short, I've always wanted to set up a planted tank, but that is impossible with this guy lumbering around the tank. I couldn't, in good conscious, just give him to a LFS in hopes that they could re-sell him because I know that would never happen.

Is anyone interested in and capable of housing this big guy? I'd rather not ship so I'm really looking for local only. I'm in the Philadelphia area.

Or, conversely, does anybody know anywhere that might take in this big guy for use in a display tank or something of that sort? Long shot I know.

I just really wanted to do what's best for this pleco that has been through a lot in my tank. I'm just looking to go in a different direction...

Where at in philly area r u? I'm not interested in the pleco myself but I may be able to help

Where at in philly area r u? I'm not interested in the pleco myself but I may be able to help

I actually live about 20 minutes north of Philly, but I'd be willing to travel pretty much anywhere near or in the city.

Thanks for responding! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I actually live about 20 minutes north of Philly, but I'd be willing to travel pretty much anywhere near or in the city.

Thanks for responding! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ahh I'm in south jersey, u prob don't wanna drive all the way here but there's a place that I go to that has a few display tanks for larger fish. Housed a few 10"+ plecos at one point

Ahh I'm in south jersey, u prob don't wanna drive all the way here but there's a place that I go to that has a few display tanks for larger fish. Housed a few 10"+ plecos at one point

Is this a store? If so, what's the name?

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom