Giving my 10 gallon to my mother

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinky

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was wondering what i should sugest to her? i've kept female bettas, otos, tiger barbs, zebra danios, rosboras, tetras and an SAE (not at the same time of course) in a 10, but i think she wants something a little flashier.

are swordtails, or fancy guppies good for a set up like this? or are there other easy pretty fsh better suited to her needs?

i'm giving her an established wisper filter i used in my goldy tank, the pad is sitting in the bigger filter and has been growing bacteria for around a week now.

Some of the smaller Rainbowfish varieties would be nice.

Most of your other fish would also be good except for the tiger barbs and SAE which get too big, and the zebra danios really need more swimming room. Fancy Guppies would be fine as long as you get all males or she is prepared to deal with the babies through culling, rehoming, etc.

fancy guppy (males only) or a mix if you want to take the fry.... would be just fine IMO..

No swordtails in a 10g or Barbs.

Fancy guppies would be great though. :) And with all males, there would be a ton of color in the tank.

You could even add in some shrimp for the bottom, but be sure to keep up on maintenance. :)

glo fish are geneticly modified zebra danios, i don't think they would do so well.

she saw some flame gouramis the other day and told me she absolutly loved them. could she get 2 and have a pair of kili loaches for bottom intrest?

or are they terratorial like their betta cousins?

I would tend to stay away from loaches in a 10gallon tank, however there is an alternative that stays decently small and have tons of character and that would be Corydora catfish, they are cute and loveable and they would get along great with any smaller upper half fish in the tank.

Think about getting a schooling tiny fish and getting a hand ful, that is alot of action and most of them are pretty colors.

And i agree shrimp or a snail on the bottom will add to the beauty!

ok, i think i will steer her back towards the guppies then, and some cherry shrimp ^__^

Back
Top Bottom