GLA inline diffuser question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blitz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,

I've recently switched over to the GLA inline Diffuser, does anyone know if there is a better or worse way to install it?, Currently If you are familiar with the Diffuser, I have it inline on the outlet side, with the CO2 towards the back, I've seen several youtube vids and they are set up differently in each of them.

I just installed it yesterday and it seems to be working although I'm sure I need to adjust the flow rate for a green drop checker. But my question is really this, is it directional at all?

As long as it's on the output side it doesn't matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some people also have their diffuser run directly into their filter where it is chopped up and allowed time to be absorbed into the water column. Some people also do this to avoid all the micro bubbles floating around the tank.

However it has been debated and debated, and futher debated if the co2 is corrosive enough to eat at the impeller and damage other parts in that area. Some people swear that it doesn't and have used this method for months with no visible damage, but others swear that it will damage the impeller.

Back
Top Bottom