Glass boulders in an african cichlid tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JraGold

Aquarium Advice Freak
I picked up a large aquarium on the weekend and it came with these rather large glass boulders. They aren't sharp by no means. Just wondering if they would be safe to use? I don't think there would be a problem but I wanted to run it by you guys first.

Heres a couple of pics

image-1575464251.jpg

image-2986508865.jpg

I picked up a large aquarium on the weekend and it came with these rather large glass boulders. They aren't sharp by no means. Just wondering if they would be safe to use? I don't think there would be a problem but I wanted to run it by you guys first.

Heres a couple of pics

View attachment 192303

View attachment 192304

Haha you call that a boulder? Where I come from, it's not a boulder if you can't sit on it.

Anyhow, I don't see a problem as long as you don't put it directly on the substrate. Add an eggcrate (light-diffuser) below the substrate as a border and it should be fine.

Haha you call that a boulder? Where I come from, it's not a boulder if you can't sit on it.

Anyhow, I don't see a problem as long as you don't put it directly on the substrate. Add an eggcrate (light-diffuser) below the substrate as a border and it should be fine.

I do when its that size going in an aquarium! Lol! Ok thanks. That's a good idea re egg crate!

So here it is finally! Still waiting for the silicone to fully cure before I add my fish to it but it's for real!

Thanks everyone! Can't wait to add my stock in there! They're gonna be lost in there for a while! Haha

So i still have loads of work to do but it's all setup and running! Here's a pic as it sits right now.

image-2922070570.jpg

Cool looks great but js I think it be a good idea to add more hiding spots to keep aggression down but all looks great

Thanks. I actually never have hiding spots in my peacock/hap setups. That creates territories to claim. I give them tunnels and pass through and I haven't had aggression issues in a long time.

Cool looks great but js I think it be a good idea to add more hiding spots to keep aggression down but all looks great

This is a pic from a setup I had in my 110 notice its only a 4' tank and no aggression. No caves/hiding spots just tunnels/pass troughs. Works very well in my experience

This is a pic from a setup I had in my 110 notice its only a 4' tank and no aggression. No caves/hiding spots just tunnels/pass troughs. Works very well in my experience

Here's pic

image-1894712126.jpg

What's the yellow guy with the blue face lemon jake or sunshine peacock lol idk looks awesome

Ohh ok thought I saw some mbunas in there lol in that case looks good

I do have 2 Mbunas in there right now actually. Just small ATM. It's funny because they're up there swimming with the peacock and haps. No aggression yet. Just a yellow lab and a black yellow tail acei.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom