glass canopy - 90 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am purchasing all my items I need for my new 90 gallon tank. I am to the glass canopy. there are two brands I am looking at: Perfecto and Versa-top. any input on this? are they all the same? there is only $1 difference in price so I could do either one. does it matter?

Second question (this will show how much I really don't know)
how do I cut out the stuff in the back for the filter and heater etc?
thanks again for helping me out!!
:thanks::thanks:

perfecto will fit a perfecto(marineland) tank and Versa-top will fit all-glass or aquaeon tanks. It does make a difference and it all has to do with the top strap(brace) in the middle of the top of the tank. You can use scissors(heavy duty) or mark with a pencil and cut with a utility knife on a hard surface but be VERY CAREFUL....

perfecto will fit a perfecto(marineland) tank and Versa-top will fit all-glass or aquaeon tanks. It does make a difference and it all has to do with the top strap(brace) in the middle of the top of the tank. You can use scissors(heavy duty) or mark with a pencil and cut with a utility knife on a hard surface but be VERY CAREFUL....
:thanks: I am getting the perfecto tank so I will go ahead and get the top that matches. that was what I was thinking of doing anyway but did not realize that they were actually different
also did not realize that perfecto and marineland were the same thing. thanks for all the info... getting smarter everyday!!

OK, revisiting this topic. turns out I got me an Aqueon tank and not the perfecto so the canopy I ordered does not fit and I have to return it! what a pain! Now I have to figure out how to pack that thing back up. don't suppose just the box it is in will be enough.

So now I am to the next phase of the canopy question. I need to cut out the holes for the filters etc that I have. do I need to have any vinyl on the very edge of the back. for example, should I push the filter I have all the way to the side and then cut the hole or do I need to have vinyl on both sides of the filter? am I supposed to leave a little bit of space between the filter and the vinyl or can I have it a pretty snug fit. I am really nervous about cutting this thing!!

Back
Top Bottom