Glass catfish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco11771

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys so I decided to move my betta to a filtered/heated 5 gallon bow because he was attacking the one colorful fish In the tank wag tail platy. So I now have...4 corydoras, 6 of a 1.5" schooling fish don't know the name but not tetras, 2 platys Both female, abn pleco and I adopted a single glass catfish that my cousin had in a 75 gallon because all his friends died and my cousin thought he had also but he popped out today and we thought he would be better in the smaller tank by himself. I cannot take him back because my cousin is Maxed out and the gc probably won't make it and no stores will take him...any POSITIVE advice?

Your question is sort of unclear. How big is the tank with all those fish in it?

It is a 20 gallon tall.. I know it's slightly overstocked but suprisingly the glass catfish is thriving! I mean I dropped in an algea wafer for my pleco and the gc picks up the whole thing and takes it for himself! And I only added him about 2:30 hours ago

Now the glass catfish seems to hide coming out a little when the light is off but what should I do? I mean I could get rid of the platys if needed and get 2 or 3 more gc's???

You definitely need more glass catfish or it will hide all the time. Glass catfish have been known to die spontaneously if not kept in a proper school.

I agree with Morgie. GC are very sensitive. Just because he ate doesn't mean he is thriving. You can try to craigslist or this site if you want to re-home him. Also, PetCo takes in fish as adoptions. I really don't think 20 gallons is anough space for a proper school of them. Especially not with the present stock.
Just curious, did all your gouramis die? I know you said one did, but I thought you still had another one or two. Maybe I am thinking of somebody else though. :)

I agree with Morgie. GC are very sensitive. Just because he ate doesn't mean he is thriving. You can try to craigslist or this site if you want to re-home him. Also, PetCo takes in fish as adoptions. I really don't think 20 gallons is anough space for a proper school of them. Especially not with the present stock.
Just curious, did all your gouramis die? I know you said one did, but I thought you still had another one or two. Maybe I am thinking of somebody else though. :)

Yes sadly I lost the big one to dropsy and the smaller one.... I believe was dropsy also because this summer I had almost no in July and just didn't give my tank porper attention

Back
Top Bottom