Glass Cats--lonely by day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosenweiss

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting.

I have two glass cats, and they love to school together and play at night. However, maybe because I bought them separately, one swims around during the day (when the light is on) and the other one hides inside a statue, because it doesn't like the light.

The statue isn't really big enough for another fish, but I'm lonely that my glass cat that likes to swim or hang around will be lonely with no one to school with during the day (although it does like to play with my serpae tetra and my white skirt tetra sometimes).

Should I buy another glass cat, or is it enough for them to be able to school at night?

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting.

I have two glass cats, and they love to school together and play at night. However, maybe because I bought them separately, one swims around during the day (when the light is on) and the other one hides inside a statue, because it doesn't like the light.

The statue isn't really big enough for another fish, but I'm lonely that my glass cat that likes to swim or hang around will be lonely with no one to school with during the day (although it does like to play with my serpae tetra and my white skirt tetra sometimes).

Should I buy another glass cat, or is it enough for them to be able to school at night?

My understanding is that glass cats really need at least 4, with 6 being preferable, to be comfortable. I'd definitely get a couple more. My experience with them is that they nearly always school together.

Definitely get a few more if you have the space for it! They'll be much happier and you'll see them being more active and acting like they should.
I have some glass cats as well and they're wonderful little guys.
Also, welcome to the site! :)

We'll probably get another one then. They are so amazing, aren't they? =] Good news update though--the hiding one came out and displayed its schooling behavior with the other one. Yay! Thanks for the welcome!

they are amazing! I just added two more to my tank, and the three of them get along just great!!

That's so cool! And by the way, my other glass cat actually swam into the statue and schooled for a little with the hidey one. He didn't stay long, but I know they're definitely glad for each others' presence!

Back
Top Bottom