Glass/ghost shrimp breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

F-8 pufferman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have three well established tanks and would like to start breeding ghost shrimp. i have a dedicated tank in which i would like to do this in. It is a 1and a half gallon undergravel filtered tank fully cycled with x-mas moss in the gravel substrate. I have read that they are temperate and as such i have no heater but temp stays 70-72 degrees. What i would like to know is has anyone had success breeding under these conditions? also my ph is neutral. Any tips would be great.

I think you would have WAY more success breeding red cherry shrimp. They are ery easy to breed unlike ghost shrimp. I tried to breed ghost shrimp and i had the babys at about 2 months old and they were still VERY small. They take forever to grow and they slowly die off. They all died.

I think you would have WAY more success breeding red cherry shrimp. They are ery easy to breed unlike ghost shrimp. I tried to breed ghost shrimp and i had the babys at about 2 months old and they were still VERY small. They take forever to grow and they slowly die off. They all died.

thanks for the advice and i originally thought of red cherry shrimp but my lfs doesnt offer them. I really wanted to breed them for food for my f-8 puffer. At 50 cents a pop there not what i was looking for but its all i got. Also i have read that they reach maturity in 5 weeks or so but by your experience that may not be true.

Ya i definitly suggest red charry shrimp. They reproduce like mad and are much cooler looking then ghost shrimp. You could still feed them to your puffer! And ya ghost shrimp were definitly a pain

thanks. dunno where i could get some though, the lfs i work at doesnt sell them i may be able to order them though. Has anyone else had success/failure breeding ghost shrimp. I know NU-NU had a bad experiance but dont want to rule them out entirely yet. Im strange i prefer albino fish and actually liked the see thru appeal i get with ghost shrimp. thanks again Nu-Nu.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom