Glass or Screen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ylreveb20

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm trying to figure out which one is better glass top or screen top or plexiglass top? Opinions please

Glass lids will retain and moisture better, lengthening the time between top-offs. But, they can also grow more opaque over time with mineral buildup, cutting down the light to plants.

Screen is almost a mirror image: more evaporation and heat loss, but much more light gets through for plants. I use a homemade screen lid and am quite happy with it.

Glass lids will retain and moisture better, lengthening the time between top-offs. But, they can also grow more opaque over time with mineral buildup, cutting down the light to plants.

Screen is almost a mirror image: more evaporation and heat loss, but much more light gets through for plants. I use a homemade screen lid and am quite happy with it.

What do you think about egg crate ?

I like glass. I like having a lid to open and close. Keeps fish and water in and nasties from falling into the tank. Both have advantages and disadvantages as stated above. Glass is cheap to replace if you get some mineral deposits on them.

Back
Top Bottom