Glass top size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vmax911

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 50 gallon tank, 48"x13"x18" with a glass center brace. The top trim has a width of 12.5", meaning that to completely cover the top, I would need something that was 48" x 12.5."

I went to the LFS today and got two 24" versa tops. However, they are only 11.5" deep, even with the plastic edge on it. Is there some other option I should be looking for, or is the 1" gap something I need to live with? It seems like this size should be fairly common (same as 55 gallon).

If you have a SW tank, a glass top can cause a lot of heat and poor pH. What kind of tank is it?

i can make u one if u want? less cost materials and shipping. ill need the exact size and measurements. i just made one for mine, i can cut for a filter to if u need it, send me an email if u are intrested. :)

roka64 - The tank is freshwater.

onah - Thanks for the offer. However, I decided to just make due with what I have. I thought there might be a problem with having the gap, but after doing some searching and reading I find that this is not the case. Thanks for all the help though!

Back
Top Bottom