Glitter loach??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is what the name was at the lfs...no idea to the scientific name...anyone know? I am thinking maybe botia rostrata?

Don't suppose it looks like this does it?

I saw reference once to a 'glitter' loach in tandem with a "hymenophysa" botia whose proper scientific name is Syncrossus hymenophysa.

I found some references to "glitter" loaches looking similar to yoyo's but couldn't find a picuture. Sound sort of right?

It's salesmanship man! If it sounds neat/cool/trendy they will use it. I'm surprised we haven't seen any "extreme" fish yet. That seems to be the going catch-phrase for marketing types.

Oh and they have a metallic sheen to them (as seen in one of those pics) that I guess you could say looks like gold glitter....

lmw80 said:
just not sure where the reference glitter came from...i searched the web and it's not a common name to anything!! Fish stores make up their own names!

More the overseas suppliers, and the names just get handed-down the line...some of the 'common' names Asian exporters put on their fish would knock you over laughing or completely befuddle you.

Back
Top Bottom