Globe Tank for a friend-Filtration, Heating, and Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a globe tank that a friend wants me to set up in their home. It's between 10-15 gallons and they want to just keep tetras and stuff in it. However, they want it to look clean and stylish and not a jumble of filtration and cords. They also want it relatively cheap.
At the moment, I have really just the tank itself, with no lighting or filtration, and I have a couple of spare heaters. Anyone have any brilliant ideas on lighting for it, or filtration that would look clean/hidden and be fairly effective? Canister or maybe like an undergravel filtration? I'm also struggling to find ideas on a lid and light without it looking tacky.
Will post pictures of the tank soon. I'd love to hear ideas and input on the set up for this tank!

If you go with ugf, you could run a center column or some kind of wall/divider which can either be flat or curved and run all of your cords through there. Hiding all of the filtration/heating within a column or behind a wall should keep it looking clean.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the center column or the wall/divider? Can you explain further? Sounds like a good idea though!

For example, you could house a ugf in a bigger, say 3-4 inch pvc pipe and that would make a cylinder with enough room to house a heater as well. With a pipe that diameter you could also do diy filtration with a pump which pumps water out of the top and some slits on the side, near the bottom and stuffed with media.

Or if you have plastic sheets or can find them you could do a similar idea but with rectangular prism.

You could also use abs pipe if they want black instead of white, or if they want a different color completely you could look into an aquarium safe paint.

Back
Top Bottom