Glofish Tetra Aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madi1610

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
So I recently got a 10 gal tank for 6 glofish tetras and I had some issues at first. The first night I had one die and same for the second night and was confused so I tested my water and all the parameters are good and I haven’t had any issues. Then just recently I noticed one of my fish is missing it’s tail fin and the top fin is slightly mangled. I can’t quite tell if it’s a bully fish or not because tetras are playful nipping fish but I’m worried if it is a bully should I isolate it or no because they’re schooling fish. I’m kind of confused, any suggestions?

10 gallons is too small for the glofish tetras. It sounds 100% like a bully fish.
Did you cycle the tank before adding the fish?
What are your water parameters exactly?

I didn’t. I cycled it with them in the tank. Risky I know, I am new to this and didn’t know better. Which I believe is why I had an ammonia spike that killed one of my fish. I don’t remember my parameters. I took a water sample in to get tested and everything came back normal

Back
Top Bottom