Glofish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyBWell

Aquarium Advice Activist
My glofish was acting weird not able to swim off the bottom he is about to die he has an open wound on his head I saw him minutes before and he was fine it also appears there was a small growth where the wound is anyone know what could cause this?

I checked the water it's fine I couldn't get a good pic to my surprise this little guy survived the night I'm taking him back to petsmart because something is seriously wrong with him

which glofish species is it? zebra danio? skirt tetra? tiger barb?

what size tank are they in?

To be honest i don't know what species it is ill post a pic of them I took the one I had back and got a new one

I keep glofish. The zebra danios breed. I have one small orange one, (the only one I have who hasn't really grown) he has a very hard time to swim down. He just swims with his back touching the surface all the time. Idk why that is. But my girlfriend had a tetra glofish and it ended up getting a growth on its bottom lip and would swim into the glass all day long. Looked like he was trying to get it off. Your fish sounded like it was an injury.

I don't know I think it was somehow injured a week ago I also had a guppy that somehow hurt his left fin and could only swim in circles or into the glass he ended up dying within an hour

how many of the glofish do you have? what size tank are they in?

You really need probably atleast 8 glofish. The zebra danio is a very active swimmer, it needs a good bit of space to swim and they need to be kept in groups. There will be one dominant fish in the group. If there aren't enough fish to spread the aggression around the dominant one will bully the others to death.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom