Glowlight tetras not getting food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallyjano

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I added some glowlights to my tank recently. They don't seem to like to come to the surface to feed and sit in the middle waiting for flakes to drop. The problem is that hardly any do as my other fish are so quick on the top.

I do put sinking food in the tank I'm not sure they get any of that either since once the top feeders are done eating from the surface they see the other fish on the sinking stuff and go and chase them away from it.

I have tried feeding one side to distract them and then putting food in the other end but to no avail.

Any ideas? I don't want my poor tetras to starve!!

instead of just dropping the flake food in the tank and letting it settle on the top, get a pinch and put your hand in the water, then make a flicking motion with your fingers. Should disperse the flakes throughout the tank. Also, I think its best to break down the flakes to very tiny pieces instead of leaving them large.

How many tetras did you add and what size tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

instead of just dropping the flake food in the tank and letting it settle on the top, get a pinch and put your hand in the water, then make a flicking motion with your fingers. Should disperse the flakes throughout the tank. Also, I think its best to break down the flakes to very tiny pieces instead of leaving them large.

Doh of course! Obvious really. Sorry - posted that late at night I must have been tired. Thanks!! Tried it and it works great.

How many tetras did you add and what size tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I added 5 to a 60g. Had 1 already so now there is a school of 6. I thought the lone glowlight would be happy to have buddies arrive but apparently he couldn't care less and is happier by himself!! Maybe they just haven't made friends yet :)

Back
Top Bottom