Going back to school......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgarMedina1010

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yes, buy a timer! Then you don't have to remember to turn them on and off at certain times and you don't have to worry about how many hours they have been on. A timer was one of the best things I have bought for my tanks.

Also, they will be fine if you only feed them once. I only feed mine once a day at most....usually once every other day. Fish can go atleast a week without food, so cutting it down to 1 feeding a day won't hurt.

I only feed once a day (sometimes skip a day) and my fish are just fine. They are also on a modified light schedule that my own schedule has put them on. On at 4 pm and off at 11pm or 12 am. Allows me to watch them when I'm home and not worry about coming home to turn the lights on should I not be able to make it. Timers rock.

I personally used that timer before I got my digitals, and it worked very well. And it's cheap too. But one thing, check Ebay, lol. I think they are like either 5.99 or 6.99 there. Then see how much they charge shipping. If it's still cheaper, then get it there. It's easy to use, and doesn't lose any time, unless you have a power outage. Then you will have to reset the timer.

Back
Top Bottom