Going old school.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aski247

Aquarium Advice Addict
I made my mind up. Going to go old school and hit some of the species I have kept in the past in my 125.

I'm going to do two mated pairs, cons and FM's. Along with 3 RBP's. Hopefully the RB's will take care of the fry.

So naturally I have to let the cons and FM's grow out some before I add the RB's.

Getting things started are the easiest male female I ever had to pick out haha. At smaller then a quarter. The convicts.

After a few hours they are already holding back my 3.5" grammode haha. It's ok the gramm can't get into a few hiding spaces I made for the cons.

Attachments

• image-3943017955.jpg
    image-3943017955.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image-3100924855.jpg
    image-3100924855.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 81
Those cons really pair up quick Dont they.Its amazing to see.I got 3 to go with my Festae and two have already formed a bond.Luckily the tank is large 143g and there are plenty of hidey holes so the 3rd can keep his/her own space.

Yeah it's crazy. I kept cons last year for about 4 months and got sick of the fry. Before that I kept them years and years ago. Same with the fire mouths.

Kept red bellies several different times as well. I hope after the two pairs get some size and I grow out the few RB's each pair will take a side of the tank leaving them to gobble up the fry in the middle.

I also picked them because I'm giving a 55 away. To a friend of mine so I'm going to try and hook her up with some fry to grow out and teach her the hobby. And these are about as easy a fish you can start with.

I also just noticed you can see a little hump forming on my male con haha. He got home and decided to become tough. He is relentless in how he follows her around.

Back
Top Bottom