Going on Vacation! Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EthanBeltramo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am going on a vacation during the holidays for ten days. I have absolution no one too feed my fish while I am gone. In my tank, I have cories, platies, a betta, a nerite snail, and lots of live plants. One of my platies is pregnet so I hope she doesn't give birth while I am gone. I am planning on setting my life on a timer. I will put in some algae wafers for my snail and cories. My platies also like to eats the algae. I am planing get on getting one of those 10 day vacation feeders to put in. Are those things ok. Please tell me what I should do. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You do not need to feed the fish while you're gone. 10 days is not long at all - they'll be exactly as you left them.

The vacation feeder blocks basically just make a mess. I'd say just do a water change and feed them before you go. If you're concerned about it get an automatic feeder instead of the feeder block.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My auto feeder hasn't failed me yet. Agree that your fish will be fine if you don't feed them while you're gone but I set my feeder to at least give a pinch once a day so there is something in the tank. One less worry for me to think about while on vacation.

There are already things in the tank for them to eat. The tank is not devoid of food.

Back
Top Bottom