Going Salt Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also i got some live sand that says its for reef tanks. Will it still be ok for my tank its not realli gunna b reef more so fish n live rock maybe a cpl corals. I forget the name of the stuff. But i has some water in the bag and is also pose help cycle the tank. Sould i use this or return it n get diff sand? I didnt realize it specified reef.

Who manufactured the tank? Check because there very well may be a warranty on it.if there is, just contact the manufacturer and they will replace it free of charge

Oh my gosh!!! I'm just so sad that people out there suck so hard at their jobs!! I've worked retail before and it's awesome and fulfilling if you are good with people and have some basic skills like tact.

I'm sorry they were so out of line, definitely yelp the whole story. Yelp is a very very good tool and a much needed reality check for business owners. Nobody should be talked to like that in a store, never ever ever.

I am the queen of "is your job description to be helpful or am I in the wrong place? I would be happy to yelp about my experience today, which I hope you enjoy reading with your boss tomorrow. I'm sure he can help you prepare for your next opportunity to make a sale, if you need some help learning how to perform without driving away customers."

I'm rarely this mad, but checking people who act cocky is a secret joy of mine, I love it! They just make the best faces while squirming and realizing the situation is going down. I'm going ream you, you can see it in my eyes, and I really love a big crowd when it happens.

My S/O is the opposite but ill jump right in and remind the rude person that I NOTICED THE ATTITUDE. I usually just drop "well thanks for your polite answer, why don't you try again so I can hear the professional response I was expecting?"

Haha I remembered another one, some dumb kid told me his store didn't sell any compost pails, then I found 5-6 versions on my own and asked who the manager was and told the manager "your employee Brad is sending away your customers and has no interest in the stock you carry and also seemed like the question I asked him was not worth any effort and gave me orders to shop elsewhere.. Is he your son? Did you plan to make a profit or is this a hobby-business for you? I have a business myself, so I thought it was only fair to let you know you just lost my dollars and the lifetime customer you were able to serve today.

The live sand will be fine for your tank, even if its not a reef. I have a yellow watchman goby, and he's a pretty yellow with blue dots. He always looks grumpy. :) Blennies are great too, I have a starry blenny, but there are algae blennies, bicolor, and a bunch of other types. A couple of cardinals would be nice in a 28g. Firefish are super cute too. And I love my yellow headed jawfish. Funny to watch!!

Ok thats a relieve wont have to worry about that, we are going to use sea water from petco seems to be a conveint thing at the moment one lil less thing to stress about ( getting the salt right) but my husband kinda made a big promise to our son ( he promised him if we get this tank right he`ll make the empty 75g we have in our basement a salt water tank so he can have a flame angle daddy makes big promises that mommy has to make come together) we`ll see how we do with this one. Two of my older children are now wanting salt water tanks so i guess for there income tax present they r getting protein skimmers new filters n new lights, the rest they will have to earn. And than i will be mixing water. Oh boy this mama loves her kids much but havnt been able spend much time with my gilled friends latley.:-(

Keep it up Mama.

They grow so fast.......

I hope your son is doing well.

This is part of the reason why i love fish keeping so much. Its such a rewarding lifestyle that it usually pulls other family members into it, allowing a family a chance to bond and spend time together

I couldnt agree more. My sons doc was more than willing to let him have his betta in his room with him. Our betta was a community member but hadda buy him a vacation tank (lol) so he cud stay wit my son. Wen i go hm to see my other children the first thing we do together is water changes n scrub glass even tho we make it a messy it dnt matter bc we are having fun n thats all the matters to me those lil smiles n than after we clean each tank we sit in front of it n talk about the fish (we always have 1 fish in each tank that tries 2 b a bad *** )

We sud be getting the new cube today wooo if it does come in my hubbys gunna come down n take tmw off so i can go up n get it going. Hopfully its not leaky again.

The live sand will be fine for your tank, even if its not a reef. I have a yellow watchman goby, and he's a pretty yellow with blue dots. He always looks grumpy. :) Blennies are great too, I have a starry blenny, but there are algae blennies, bicolor, and a bunch of other types. A couple of cardinals would be nice in a 28g. Firefish are super cute too. And I love my yellow headed jawfish. Funny to watch!!

Cardinals he likes those if i recall right theres a speices of them that is white n black striped right i think it starts wit a B? Are they good with clowns. I dnt really want any fish over say 4 inches max (dnt want any one cramped) also in petco we saw a chocolate chip start fish on there lil card says 5 inches max n every where i research says over a ft? I was thinking bout getting the clown from petco until i realized they are all misbard ( not saying that bad bc i lk sum of the misbared shaped but wen ur paying 40$ for a clown i kinda want his stripes right) i think we are gunna order from liveaquara ( stupid this wont let me correct spelling) as we can order the blk n wht O clown as a juvi n watch it change from orange to black which is wat my son wants to see it grow n change. They have a blennie at my ifs thats 50% off bc every1 says hes ugly n wont buy it :-( so i will prolly get him love how he swifts threw the sand. Would a goby n a blennie get along or r they a no go together?

Wud it b over stocked if i we did say the 2 clowns 3 b cardinals a blennie n a goby (if theyd get along n if they sudnt go together maybe a firefish or a 6 line wisse) gunna do a lil more research.)

My son said hi (durring chemo we do our research together he likes all ur suggestions :)

Cardinals he likes those if i recall right theres a speices of them that is white n black striped right i think it starts wit a B? Are they good with clowns. I dnt really want any fish over say 4 inches max (dnt want any one cramped) also in petco we saw a chocolate chip start fish on there lil card says 5 inches max n every where i research says over a ft? I was thinking bout getting the clown from petco until i realized they are all misbard ( not saying that bad bc i lk sum of the misbared shaped but wen ur paying 40$ for a clown i kinda want his stripes right) i think we are gunna order from liveaquara ( stupid this wont let me correct spelling) as we can order the blk n wht O clown as a juvi n watch it change from orange to black which is wat my son wants to see it grow n change. They have a blennie at my ifs thats 50% off bc every1 says hes ugly n wont buy it :-( so i will prolly get him love how he swifts threw the sand. Would a goby n a blennie get along or r they a no go together?

Wud it b over stocked if i we did say the 2 clowns 3 b cardinals a blennie n a goby (if theyd get along n if they sudnt go together maybe a firefish or a 6 line wisse) gunna do a lil more research.)

My son said hi (durring chemo we do our research together he likes all ur suggestions :)

Tell your son I said hi too!! :)
Yes, those cardinals are called bangaii cardinals. They're peaceful. I have 2 in my reef tank. They school, so they do better if you get at least 2. And tank-raised ones have better chances of survival in a tank.

Gobies and blennies get along fine. What kind of blenny is the ugly one that no one wants? My starry blenny has one of those faces that's so ugly, it's cute, ya know? And I love his antennae. :)
For a 28g, I wouldn't do more than 5-6 small fish. In my 30g FOWLR, I have a jawfish, a small oscellaris clown, small chalk bass, an orange striped cardinal, Firefish and a half black angel. A lot of people would probably say that I'm overstocked in there, but I do 20% PWC every week, so my levels are good. I'm planning on upgrading to a 125g in the next year.

Its all up n running my hubby set it up n sent a pic. Will it clear up? N he said there was only two plugs does that sound right? N the night bulb dnt work im gunna have to call them hopfully they can just send us a bulb n not make us tare it down n send back. He also says it seems to quite?

ForumRunner_20121219_201208.jpg

Starting to clear up. Getting the rest of the live rock and the filter media tmw n hoping everything goes well that my boy can come home nxt wed n pick his first fishy. Still gotta get a new gravel vac for this tank but i do have my test kit :) he's so excited :) thanks for alll the great advise ill keep this as my along the way thread.

I get to scape it tmw woo hoo

ForumRunner_20121219_233002.jpg

Its all cleared up and the filter media is in. So hopefully well be good wed. I have a question. If I add more live rock over next cpl days will it mess with any thing

Jbaygurl78745 said:
Its all cleared up and the filter media is in. So hopefully well be good wed. I have a question. If I add more live rock over next cpl days will it mess with any thing

Shouldnt mess up anything. Also i cant remember if youre running sand or gravel but if you have sand, dont bother with a gravel vac. Just lightly swirl the sand to clear off any debris. Also just a suggestion but id attempt to keep all rocks away from the glass/corners. Itll improve the flow in the tank and itll allow you to run a mag-float/ glass cleaner without hitting rock

Oh my gosh!!! I'm just so sad that people out there suck so hard at their jobs!! I've worked retail before and it's awesome and fulfilling if you are good with people and have some basic skills like tact.

I'm sorry they were so out of line, definitely yelp the whole story. Yelp is a very very good tool and a much needed reality check for business owners. Nobody should be talked to like that in a store, never ever ever.

I am the queen of "is your job description to be helpful or am I in the wrong place? I would be happy to yelp about my experience today, which I hope you enjoy reading with your boss tomorrow. I'm sure he can help you prepare for your next opportunity to make a sale, if you need some help learning how to perform without driving away customers."

I'm rarely this mad, but checking people who act cocky is a secret joy of mine, I love it! They just make the best faces while squirming and realizing the situation is going down. I'm going ream you, you can see it in my eyes, and I really love a big crowd when it happens.

My S/O is the opposite but ill jump right in and remind the rude person that I NOTICED THE ATTITUDE. I usually just drop "well thanks for your polite answer, why don't you try again so I can hear the professional response I was expecting?"

Bowing down to the queen of sass!

I wish I had the courage to do that too. But I'm just so antisocial that employees always make nervous. :(

Bowing down to the queen of sass!

I wish I had the courage to do that too. But I'm just so antisocial that employees always make nervous. :(

Heehee really though perhaps I should consider some anger management ;)

(Need to return something with out a receipt? Gimme a call babe Ill hook it up)

The media has been in for a couple days n everything tested a ok. Yesterday on my way home I noticed a new fish store (oh no) so of course I gotta stop. They r not completely up yet but getting there. They have these almost red clowns I believe they were called vivid red. Any one know bout them. I guess they r pose be most colorful clowns.

Thats some form of polyp coral i believe . Not bad at all. Also vivid reds are just a tweak of the reg clowns if i remember correctly

Back
Top Bottom