Gold and Regular White Cloud Mountain Minnows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.Albiman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought 6 Golden White Cloud Mountain Minnows for my newly cycled 20 gallon long yesterday for my birthday last month! :brows:
I have a question: Will 6 regular White Cloud Mountain Minnows school with them if I bought them?

So that would take me up to 12 White Clouds (6 gold, 6 regular).
Next question: would i have room to add another 6? (This time, 6 long-finned?).

Thanks guys! :D

If you only have the minnows you have plenty of room for 18 of them. They are a rather light bioload fish IMO. I'm not sure about the schooling but they might.

If you only have the minnows you have plenty of room for 18 of them. They are a rather light bioload fish IMO. I'm not sure about the schooling but they might.

Oh good I was hoping you'd say that. :cool:
Do you reckon I'd have room for any bottom dwellers? I'm loving loaches at the moment. The water is 20 degrees Celsius.

My normal minnows school with all my tetras including rummy nose and x-rays.

I would have to do research about the loaches. I don't knew anything about them.

I think you will hav eplenty of room for the White Cloud Minnows.
A good bottom dweller could be a bristle nose pleco, OR 3 Hillstream Loaches.

I have a mix of regular (3) and golden (4) white clouds in a newly cycled tank (29 gallon). They generally school together well, though occasionally the regular ones seem to huddle together a bit. Do yours behave like that, too, or do they mingle more freely?

I also have two young golden dojo loaches in the tank, and they're a lot of fun. They get pretty big when full grown, though; I've heard that I should expect 8-10 inches. Probably too big for a 20 long if you intend to keep a lot of white clouds but definitely worth considering if you can move them something bigger as they grow.

They generally school together well, though occasionally the regular ones seem to huddle together a bit. Do yours behave like that, too, or do they mingle more freely?

I have 6 of each and I agree with you in that they do school together, but as two groups if you know what I mean? The regulars stick together as do the golds, but they all school as one. That probably didn't make much sense. :brows:

That's a good way to describe it. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's seen this kind of behavior. It's kind of fun to watch, actually. It must be even more striking with your 6 and 6.

Back
Top Bottom