Gold dust molly babies! What now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mythonis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a pair of gold dust mollies in my 29 gallon (I mistakenly called them marble mollies in another post :facepalm:). I noticed one was pregnant and today I saw her tail standing right next to the heater but she kept chasing the other fish away whenever they bugged her and I put her in my hospital tank so she could have some peace and quiet. She's had at least 8 fry already.
I have no idea what to do with them. I don't have the tank space to keep them and I spent all my spare cash on a water testing kit so I have nothing to get a spare tank with. Any idea what to do with the babies?

Note: there was a previous batch of fry that I had no idea had happened until I noticed a half inch gold dust baby hiding in the fake clover and I assume the angelfish ate the rest of that batch and I'm trying to avoid that happening again.

You could trade them to the LFS for store credit or for another fish that you've been wanting. Or try selling them to local fish keepers. You could put a poster at the local Petco, mine has a bulletin board that lets people put up posters for fish or dogs or cats that they are trying to sell. Shouldn't be hard to get rid of these guys :)

Ok, cool :D I'll give that a try, thanks.

I've got 12 of them! I don't even know where she was keeping them all XD

Just wait they start having more my last batch was almost 30 fry and my mollies are still young.

Back
Top Bottom