Golden Wonder Panchax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfriend09

Aquarium Advice Activist
So the other day i bought a trio of golden wonder panchax and put them in my community with my smaller fish, guppies, swordtails etc and i didn't quite realise quite how nasty they can be at times, im keeping an eye on things and they seem to be calming down.

I have a pair in one of my community tanks and have never had an issue since the tend to stay near the surface.

I have a pair in one of my community tanks and have never had an issue since the tend to stay near the surface.
i have a pairof these lookin slightly green though instead of gold lol mine chase each other think i have male and female ?? only thing is i have had 3 tiny male guppies go missing and i think they mite of eaten them ???? they getting bigger and bigger and i see they do get qhite big

Golden Wonders are beautiful killies, very hardy, an excellent first species of killifish to own. They are also, in general, good citizens in a community fish tank.

HOWEVER, that last part is true only assuming that everything else in there is too large to fit in their mouth. While not overly aggressive, they would certainly see anything small enough to fit in their mouth as "food" rather than "tankmate."

So the baby guppies? Yeah, probably eaten by the killies. I actually had a pair of them wipe out nearly an entire school of (adult) neon tetras in my tank once. It didn't happen all at once...just suddenly once a week or so I would notice my neon tetra school was a little smaller with no clue where the missing fish might be. Wasn't sure if they were getting sick & dying or what. Then one day I heard a bit of a splashing noise, glanced over at my tank to see my female Golden Wonder with a neon tetra (still wiggling) sticking halfway out of her mouth. That's when I realized where all my neons were going...

Back
Top Bottom