Goldfish and friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mc96928

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right now, i have a 20 gallon with 4 goldfish and 4 tetras. I know i know, i've heard it already. Its to small. Thats why they're going to be moved to a 75 gallon in about a month when i get the money for everything. But i wanted to know if anyone has had success with tropical fish and goldfish in a planted tank.

Goldfish and plants can be very difficult. I believe you have atleast two feeders/commons, correct? Fancies can be taught to eat veggies over plants (some of them, anyway) but the commons will likely destroy anything you put in the tank. The 75g is a big improvement but you honestly can not stock anything else with the commons in the 75 in addition to the other two goldfish. The goldies also should not be kept at tropical temps- they fair much better at cooler/temperate numbers as they are coldwater fish. Please ask if you have questions!

Even with more filtration than needed? And plenty of water changes i wouldn't be able to keep a few more fish? If i could get another larger tank i would. But with minimal cash flow its hard.

I've had my fish for over 3 years now. This year is 4 we got most of them at a carnival. They aren't remotely that big

Back
Top Bottom