Goldfish bottom sitting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john_franzwa

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431995551.474115.jpg

There's a picture of him. I've been feeding him greens like zucchini and have changed the water and added a heater and only feed him sinking foods.

He swims a little please help

I'm back

It could be old age and goldfish like cold water so TW water temp is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It could be old age and goldfish like cold water so TW water temp is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Doubt it's old age. Could just be the picture but he doesn't look very big. Goldfish also live 10+ years under good conditions.

How long did you acclimate him?

Caleb

gold fish are cold water fish and don't need a heater
how big is that tank ?
my gold fish sometimes rest on the bottom at times

The tanks a 30 and he was acclimated for about 15 minutes

I'm back

Oh ok I didn't know well thanks

I'm back

It's been a week, but he could still be a little stressed from what could have been a big change.
Any improvement as of late? You say you've been feeding him, so I assume he's been eating. Does he come up to eat or just get it off the bottom?

As long as your room temperature is above 60F you don't need a heater.

Also, that tank looks a little barren from the picture, do you have some taller decorations and/or plants? He might just feel vulnerable in what feels like open water so he's sticking next to the plants at the bottom.

Sorry for all the questions, but we need information to even guess what could be going on here.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's been a week, but he could still be a little stressed from what could have been a big change.
Any improvement as of late? You say you've been feeding him, so I assume he's been eating. Does he come up to eat or just get it off the bottom?

As long as your room temperature is above 60F you don't need a heater.

Also, that tank looks a little barren from the picture, do you have some taller decorations and/or plants? He might just feel vulnerable in what feels like open water so he's sticking next to the plants at the bottom.

Sorry for all the questions, but we need information to even guess what could be going on here.

He's doing great now I fed him some pees and got a statue and he's been swimming around a bit more

I'm back

Warmer the water less oxygen in the water. Remove heater cold water fish like cold water.

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can also feed him cabbage,cucumber, broccoli, lettuce,spinach, par boil hard veg.

How big is the tank?

Warmer the water less oxygen in the water. Remove heater cold water fish like cold water.

Not to sound rude but this thread was pretty much resolved.

Back
Top Bottom