Goldfish care basics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish101

Aquarium Advice Regular
First let me start out with if you are going with a goldfish get a filter that has more filtration the smaller the tank the more filtration. For example say you have a 20 gallon tank get a 40 gallon tank filter. Number two don't just feed your goldfish plain goldfish flakes say every once in a while give your goldfish a treat for being a good boy or girl. You can feed your goldfish Bananas,lettuces,Crushed peas, crushed string beans (not frozen). And it also helps so it doesn't get constipated. And this is what I try to go for. I keep my 1 year old 3 inch oreando goldfish in a 10 gallon tank FOR NOW. That is not going to be there forever home. You will have to upgrade when they get like 5 inch's long. I like to go by fancies and oreandos and other goldfish that get 6 to 8 inchs is the rule I like to go by is 20 gallons for the first fish then 10 gallons after that. So I will have to get at least 30 gallons of water for my goldfish. And now for the hard part some of you are waiting for BREEDING! First breeding goldfish is sometimes hard and sometimes in the middle. First the female has a rounder body and the male has a slimmer more skinnier body. But please if you know other ways to find out please write a comment on the bottom :) Well first you will know if you have four and 2 start to pair off and hang with each other. Second if you find the male chasing the female then this means they are starting. Third comes aggressiveness. The male will protect the female if anyone gets close enough. Fourth the male will start to hit the females stomach to tell her to lay the eggs. Third REMOVE the eggs as soon as possible also the water should be a little bit warmer for breeding. Please Rate and comment and PLEASE if I am missing something put it in the comments below thank you.

Goldfish101.:thanks:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom