Goldfish Emergency!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platiesareawesome

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today I went to a carnival and won three goldfish (probably comets). I only have a 10 gallon tank, which is already occupied by three platies. I am currently not at my house, and the best I could do for them is put them in a bowl (probably 1/2 gallon) with no filter and filled filled tap water. I realize I should be doing daily water changes, but what else can I do for them? Thank you! :thanks:

There's not really much you can do unless you want to get them a large tank. The best thing you can do is find a pond for them to live in.

Knowing you didn't have the means to house them properly, why play the game? Live animals should NOT be prizes. By playing the game you encourage them to continue this horrid practice.

Knowing you didn't have the means to house them properly, why play the game? Live animals should NOT be prizes. By playing the game you encourage them to continue this horrid practice.

Agreed! But yeah. A bin would work for now. But eventually they need a pond or a nee home

Why do they give out goldfish, rather than other fish who are suitable for a small tank?

Goldfish are so abused. They hand out goldfish to anyone, pond or no, and no one says a word, just imagine the outrage If they gave away cats and dogs like that.

My former stepkids were once given very aggressive mbunas as a carnival prize! Their mom was told by the carnival worker to take an empty soda bottle, cut the top off and they would live happily for years.

I stand by the statement: live animals should NEVER be given as prizes.

That's great. If you would like any help setting up a tank that will work for your family let us know. We can help you find some great fish that would be well suited to nearly any size tank you choose.

Back
Top Bottom