Goldfish feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly123

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 8 fancy goldfish and 8 zebra danios, how often and how much should I feed them? Should I put in extra for them to forage or will that just cause bacteria blooms? The goldfish are all 1.5-3 years old and are very sensitive. Any advice appreciated [emoji846]

Goldfish should be feed 2 or 3 times a day, danios 2 times a day.
It is better to feed more often lesser amounts than everything at once.
For example if you give them 1 gram once a day, give them now 0.3 gram 3 times a day or 0.5 grams 2 times a day.

Honestly after a while you know how a fish should look or not.
So only you are the person who would know if it is enough or not.
If you have to watch some videos on youtube about the fishes, do so.
Soon enough you be able to spot a thin from a fat fish apart without any problem.

If they thin, give them more, if they fat, give less.
I don't think I ever gave me fishes the exact same.

Watch and adjust... :angel:

I've always followed the "feed them until they are full" method. Basically, if you are feeding and have leftover food floating around- you've fed too much. Agree with Desperado- feeding small amounts several times a day vs a big meal is better. Ultimately, you will learn to gauge the right amount.
I did find, however, that my goldies were fat pigs and would eat and eat and eat. I had to limit them because they were getting fat... Just keep an eye on their shape and adjust accordingly. (y)

I did find, however, that my goldies were fat pigs and would eat and eat and eat. I had to limit them because they were getting fat...

Jus like my female guppies :fish2:

The males eat until they are full then there mind switches over to...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom