Goldfish Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, your poor girl! Ok- your lfs (or petsmart) should carry a med called Furan2. Its compatible with kanamycin so its safe to use with the Medi-Gold. I dont think you need to increase the salt beyond .1% (or 1 tsp per gal) quite yet. The furan2 should help control any bacterial infections that are resulting in her ragged fins. If you havent placed an order for the medi-gold yet, you can call tomorrow & place an order & ask them to overnight it. They are open 10-3pm (EST) #888-864-6919/814-864-6919. You will not find this med food (or anything similar) in any lfs that I know of. Good luck & keep us posted!

???????????????????????????????

75% water change store was closed last night, on my my to get local med.

Goldfish seems happy enough but tail is heartbreaking.

lfs didn't have it, I am putting in Jungle Lifeguard All in one treatment. supposed to help.

I have to go to work soon, so If I don't get a response in the next 30 min, I will be using that at the recommended dose.

I am going to advise you to not use this product. It doesnt work & may only casuse more issues than you already have. Return it.

I have the meds from the lfs.

Got a Ammonia test kit by API. Do I need to automatically just keep changing the water or can I check for ammonia first? If so when do I want to change the water.

I am going to test now. Then dose M2.

By tonight or in the morning I should be done with getting the salt up in the water.

Should I be at 1tsp per gallon?

Also I put the heater back into the tank, it was kinda cool. At 74F now.

Ammonia was between the yellow and the green so less than .25. Pretty much yellow.

Changed 1/3 pwc. Put salt back in w/Prime. And Stress Coat.

I would test your water & observe your fish. If your amm/nitrite is .25 or higher, I would do a wc. Add back salt you remove. If your numbers are ok but the fish are acting strange, you may want to change the water. With meds, try to keep wcs around same time each day so meds are in water for 24hrs at time. I'm probably missing something here but I'm on my cell & can't read back through everything. Good luck & let me know how you make out!

May 10

She is doing very well with the M. two medicine, 1tsp p/ gal salt and clean water, little amounts of food several times a day.

Almost all the blood spots are gone from her body, some left in her tail, her skin is pretty much white again instead of pink-apricot color.

Where her fins looked like they were falling apart and off, they look like they are healing up and smoothing out.

I feel like we are on the home stretch to wellness.

Thank you so much for your help. I was aching for her inside when she looked like that. She is getting better.:)

Finished the meds a couple days ago and she looks great. Fins are repairing and just one blood spot left on the tail. Doing a 75% pwc tomorrow to get out the old medicine. Will have been 4 days tomorrow I think, for sure three since the last dose.

BUT what about the salt. We are at 1tsp per gal now, should I half that tomorrow when I refill? or 3/4 it, or stay the same?

Again thank you for the help. I was so worried. :fish1:

Back
Top Bottom