Goldfish in Warmer Water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Last week I got a parrot cichlid, but the bugger was too agressive so I put him in my goldfish tank and moved the goldfish to my big tank until I get the opportunity to return the parrot. Can I leave my goldfish (2 Ryukins) in my 37 gal. Temp is ~81, and I do 50% water changes weekly(cant name chemical levels because my therapist has my test kit).

I would take out the heater so that it's cooler... 81 is really warm for goldies. they like anywhere from 65-75 ... 75 is kind of the limit to whats comfortable for them

The_Desacrator said:
Thats odd because mine are alot more active in the big tank at 81 than they were in the little tank at 75.

With that you're talking a big tank versus a little tank. You can't tell what temp contributes there.

Some people say that goldfish are one of those fish that can adapt to almost any temperature within a reasonable limit.

I'm just going by what I've read, I don't have any actual experience with goldfish.

I did some more research. From what I have gathered, these guys are good up until atleast 78. I couldn't find any research regarding them in warmer environments

Back
Top Bottom