Goldfish missing fins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sssea

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a pretty small panda moor that seems to be missing 2 fins. She's healthy and swims fine, so I'm only really curious as to how this may have happened. I got her when she was a wee little baby and thought they might grow in time, but now she has one tiny little sliver of a fin where there should be two. It's not any main fin, it's the ones on her stomach.

Any ideas how this happened or how it may affect her in the future?

Sssea said:
I have a pretty small panda moor that seems to be missing 2 fins. She's healthy and swims fine, so I'm only really curious as to how this may have happened. I got her when she was a wee little baby and thought they might grow in time, but now she has one tiny little sliver of a fin where there should be two. It's not any main fin, it's the ones on her stomach.

Any ideas how this happened or how it may affect her in the future?

If they were born without those fins they wouldn't grow at all. And I don't think it will affect it that much. I believe those fins near the anus are used for balance.

Hubert90 said:
I believe those fins near the anus are used for balance.

She has those fins, its the ones between those and the 'arm' fins if you will.
I would add a picture, but it's not working for some reason.

Sssea said:
She has those fins, its the ones between those and the 'arm' fins if you will.
I would add a picture, but it's not working for some reason.

Ya I know what u are taking about. It's called the pelvis fin. And yes they are also used for balancing

That makes sense why she swims like a spaz. I think it's endearing. Thanks for the info :)

Back
Top Bottom