?Goldfish Tank Set-Up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sadie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Thank-You all very much for your excellent advice to me earlier concerning mixing goldfish w/tropicals. In considering your good advice, I have decided not to put the goldfish in with my tetras. The 4 fancy (2") goldfish are in a temporary 20 gallon tank. There are 2 redcap orandas, 1 gold fantail, and a beautiful golden calico.
I have purchased a new 55 gallon tank and would like your advice and ideas on the best possible set-up for this new goldfish tank.
Thank-You very much. :D

I would use a small/medium size rounded gravel as goldfish like to pick up gravel in their mouths and move it around. Large gravel can choke them. I would suggest an Emperor 400 filter for two reasons. It has the capacity to handle the waste generated by goldfish...they make lots of waste. And, it has bio wheels. I am a believer in bio wheels for freshwater use. I think their bio filtration is unmatched by any other system except maybe a sump full of bio balls. Normal output lighting should be plenty. I would shoot for a water temp in the 72 deg F range and a pH of around 7.5. I would avoid an undergravel filter. That's about all I can think of at the moment. Hope it helps some.
Logan J

Back
Top Bottom