Goldfish with parasite! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trioracles

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is my first post.

Goldfish with red anus - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

So I just checked on my goldfish and it seems her anus is getting worse. It's all red and swollen. She's acting completely normal with no change in behavior.

Things I've tried:

Peas ( people said it was constipation but I don't think that's the culprit but I tired it anyway.

People said it was anchor worms but I don't notice any. Internal parasite maybe? I really don't know. I never had a fish with any parasite problem before. I really don't know what I'm looking for.

I did a 90% water change yesterday so no point in doing a water test since its new water. The ph is 7.2. Refer to my older post

Goldfish with red anus - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

I don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP!!

Green stuff is pea poop.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440270715.283574.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440270728.306753.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440270743.296409.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440270754.903265.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440270773.978280.jpg

080215 Yopoipoi, rest in peace. May the river of light guide your soul to the celestial waters above.

I wonder whether it might be the start of a rectal prolapse?

If the other fish in the tank is fine, then it probably isn't an issue of water quality, such as a low ph, which I suggested in your other post.

I'll have a look to see if their is any info on line that might help you and post it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wonder whether it might be the start of a rectal prolapse?

If the other fish in the tank is fine, then it probably isn't an issue of water quality, such as a low ph, which I suggested in your other post.

I'll have a look to see if their is any info on line that might help you and post it for you.

Thank you so much!!!! The other fish is fine.

080215 Yopoipoi, rest in peace. May the river of light guide your soul to the celestial waters above.

I had a look through my books and online - this is the best I could find:
https://en.wikivet.net/Vent_Prolapse_-_Fish

In posts online by fish owners with the same problem, they talk about their fish acting completely normally, which I think you mentioned, too.

It is something that seems to be able to correct itself, but sometimes needs surgery.

Hopefully others will see your post who can contribute some knowledge and experience to confirm whether indeed it is the problem, and possible treatments.

If I come across more useful info online, I'll send another reply to you.

Fingers crossed for the little guy.

Roz

I had a look through my books and online - this is the best I could find:
https://en.wikivet.net/Vent_Prolapse_-_Fish

In posts online by fish owners with the same problem, they talk about their fish acting completely normally, which I think you mentioned, too.

It is something that seems to be able to correct itself, but sometimes needs surgery.

Hopefully others will see your post who can contribute some knowledge and experience to confirm whether indeed it is the problem, and possible treatments.

If I come across more useful info online, I'll send another reply to you.

Fingers crossed for the little guy.

Roz

I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!! Thank you sooooooooo much!!!!!!

I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!! Thank you sooooooooo much!!!!!!

Let us know how the little guy gets on. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom