Goldie not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FriscoTX

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ammonia 1.0 (i think)
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
PH 7.8

The tank is still cycling and it's been about a week since I quit the Marcyn doses. The remaining goldie has not had much of an appetite over the past few days. I thought that maybe it was shock due to a near 90% water change from last week, but since then I've reduced the amount to 20% on a daily basis. The tank nitrites are still at 0 and I think the ammonia is ok, I was getting some pretty high readings till I realized my test kit was screwy.

All in all the fish seems spunky - he swims and hides and "acts" like he wants to eat, but just doesn't eat anything. I also changed the lighting from incandescent to florescent over the weekend, would that matter?

Goldie that won't eat is serious ..... Try a bit of raw shrimp, no goldie can resist that.

I agree that cycling issues is most likely culpit ... prob a secondary infection or parasite due to the stress.

Couple things to check: What is water temp - goldies won't eat if temp is less than 50. Check and make sure goldies don't have anything is its mouth - either a sore/fungus, or possibly a small rock that is stuck in the throat.

Back
Top Bottom