Good all around food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celtic11

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking for a good all around food for my community tank. I currently have neon tetras, serpae tetras, Bolivian rams, Cory cats, and African dwarf frogs. I also have a bristlenose pleco and I have some Hikari algae wafers from him. Looking for a good food for the rest of them. Have been feeding a small bottle of tetramin tropical flakes because we had it here, but its almost gone and I assume there is something better.

After throwing many other brands away including API and Tetra Min, I have found New Life Spectrum Color Enhancing Flakes with Garlic AND Hikari Frozen Brine Shrimp to wotk great. Flakes Daily and brine shrimp twice a week.

Fish love it and are very healthy and colorful.

I've never had nothing but good luck with Tetra min.I'm trying some of kens flakes right now and my fish seam just fine.I've never tried what the others have said,but would if it was sold locally

i feed new life spectrum pellets and omega one flakes . best there is but just a pure diet of new life spectrum pellets will do just great. get the one with thera a. you can also get food from ken fish he has excellent products
http://www.kensfish.com/

but if you want the best...new life spectrum is the way to go

Last edited:
Omega One, New life Spectrum, Ocean Nutrition, and Hikari frozen foods. This is my basic diet for all my tanks. The fish thrive with this diet. Live non aquatic foods are supplemented when available.

I also say NFS, Omega One also makes some good stuff..my fish love their shrimp pellets.

+2 on New Life Spectrum...I recently bought it with the Thera A and EVERY fish I feed it too went crazy even my fry...lol...great food line.

I needed some food today and there aren't many options around here. Basically we have an LFS that sells new life spectrum was closed so I had to go to the chain store and got some Omega One color flakes.

NLS makes a great small pellet food that is excellent. Omega One's flake food is great too. I feed a little of both to my tetras daily except twice a week I give them frozen foods of various types. They LOVE it and I have serape, pristellas, corys, and GBR's spawning pretty often in the community tank. Not sure if it's still true, but in the old days if fish were happy enough to spawn, it was about as good as you could get. Our foods today are a light years ahead in quality over what it was 30 years ago. Thankfully! OS.

Back
Top Bottom