Good aquatic animals for <1.5 bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ninijiko2225

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was thinking about 1-3 African dwarf frogs. We would also have a plant in the bowl.

A few shrimp or snails, but that's about it. ADFs need actual tanks (many say around 3 gal per frog) and filtration.

A few shrimp or snails, but that's about it. ADFs need actual tanks (many say around 3 gal per frog) and filtration.

My dad says that since they breathe air their tank only needs to be fully cleaned every month or so.

My dad says that since they breathe air their tank only needs to be fully cleaned every month or so.

My dad said I could and should put a FW ray in my 45 tank. Sometimes they don't know what's best an research is needed. They are very messy

ADFs need a couple of things. Their tanks need to be covered because they can and will jump out if given the chance. They also need clean water, which a cycled filter would help provide. The foods that they eat produce a lot of waste so keeping water in a bowl clean would be difficult unless you were changing it out 1-2 times a day. They're also social creatures and do better in groups of 3+.

Back
Top Bottom