Good circulation pump for 75 gallon planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobykourtney

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking for a good circulation pump for my 75 gallon planted. I bought a maxijet 400 which I thought would work but as soon as I turned it on it was like a hurricane in my tank. I feel like the flow was all in the middle also and when any of my barbs swam close they struggled not to get sucked in from the sides. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Well the maxijet is rated at 500 GPH... so how about 1/2 that? Try a hydor koralia nano 240.

Yeah it's pretty good. I like the magnetic suction cups it uses, prevents it from getting dismounted from suction cup failure. However, I wish it had a flow control like the Hydor Pico 180 pump (which I also have). Only because I purchased the 240 for my 26g, but it was too much flow IMO. But in a 75g like yours, it wouldn't be overkill or anything.

Yeah it's pretty good. I like the magnetic suction cups it uses, prevents it from getting dismounted from suction cup failure. However, I wish it had a flow control like the Hydor Pico 180 pump (which I also have). Only because I purchased the 240 for my 26g, but it was too much flow IMO. But in a 75g like yours, it wouldn't be overkill or anything.

Thanks for your advice I think ill order one tomorrow.

I ended up getting 2 of them. One on the back right side glass and the other on the front left side glass. They are working like a champ.thanks for your advice

Back
Top Bottom