Good CO2 Reaction Chamber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So recently I noticed that my solenoid on my regulator wouldn't close when power was removed. I called Milwaukee to see what repair procedure was he had me run a couple tests on my setup. Turns out that my diffuser/atomizer is the problem. He suspects that it has become clogged with dust or other debris over the past couple years and is requiring too much pressure to push CO2 through it. This back pressure causes the solenoid to 'stick' open regardless of whether there is power to it or not. His suggestion was to either clean the diffuser, which I don't really see how to do that effectively, or replace it with some type of reaction chamber such as instamix. What type of in-line reaction chamber have you used that will work on 406?

Unfortunately the Milwaukee person is mistaken. The way solenoids work preclude that from happening, and it doesn't even make sense in the first place. You can test this though: remove the co2 line from the atomizer and see if the solenoid closes. Then reattach and see if it gets stuck open. If it does both then it's the atomizer. If it opens when you detach the line and stays open, you probably dislodged something that was holding the solenoid open.

Your solenoid is probably just stuck open. They get crap in them from time to time that muck up their workings. I would suggest taking it apart, inspecting all the parts, then reassembling,

So I wasn't wrong to question his thinking..... 4 times.

Another fix I was going to try was to open the needle valve and regulator 100%, and just crack the main enough to keep the 1-2bps going. It will completely eliminate any back pressure, but may make a little more work to make sure the tank pressure can keep up as it gets used.

Back
Top Bottom