Good co2 system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micaiah12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a planted tank, but I need some opinion on what would be a good co2 system? I have a 30 gal tank and I have about 8 plants in my aquarium. My budget is around $80 for a co2 system. So any opinion helps.
Thanks everyone.

If you double your budget, you can get a good setup. If you were to be able to find a paintball setup, or even a canister setup, you'd end up re-fillling it so much, you'd regret not getting a 2.5lb or 5lb setup.

Ok great, also for a 29 gal I would need 30 watts of light right?

Well, that depends. The type of lighting is a big factor. T8, T5NO, T5HO, CFL, PC... Realistically, if you're only putting 30 watts of any kind of light (but I would guess you're looking at two 15w T8 bulbs, since that's the only way I can think of to get 30 watts), you wouldn't need co2 injection.

Alright well right now I only have a 15watt florescent and my Brazilian water-weed is growing really good, just it's my other plants such as amazon sword and my java fern that looks kind of pale.

brazilian water weed... as in anacharis? Amazon swords do best in higher light, but with root tabs under them, they should be ok under your lighting. I kept them way back under low light. Java ferns do fine under low lighting. I don't think co2 is necessary at all in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom