Good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortanatley, space is an issue, plus being in a rental dose not help much, and we have to move this summer, so I am looking for a smaller setup (more than 65, less than 110)

75 or 90, is about the only other options you have. Since you are planning on moving in 7 months or so I would suggest waiting until you move before setting up a mid sized tank.

75 is a great size tank to start with. It gives you some options for fish as well as a little room for error as you are learning how to maintain the system. I still say avoid setting it up until you move.

I cannot stand my 55g anymore, it is too hard to deal with, so I was thinking about selling just the stand, tank, canopy, and versa tops, and keeping the rest

I wouldnt waste the time or money setting it up if you are planning to move. I was in a similar position last year and really wanted to set up but it is not worth the hastle to build then take it down and build it again.

if you plan on going freshwater with it now, then when it comes time to move, rehome your fish and start from scratch with sw in your new place, definately a good plan... and at that price, its really hard to pass up (as long as it looks as good as it does in the pics)

I was thinking of moving my Jack Dempseys up to that tank until I move, and then sell the 29g they are in now. I really want that tank

Maybe your right, I would not have to spend anything though, i have a ton of decor, and stuff from my 55g when it was FW.

You may want to consider looking a little longer. I just bought my set up on Craiglist...
65 gallon tank
Nice Protein Skimmer
Pro Clear 150 Wet/Dry Filter
Coralife Lighting System
Pumps for the Skimmer and Filter
+ 1 crappy stand I turned to firewood.

Everything was less than a year old and cleaned up like new. I paid $275.00
I didn't even try to negotiate because I thought it was such a good deal. They paid well over $1000 a year ago.

I have been loking for months with no luck, 65 isnt enough of an upgrade that I would buy, I have a 55g

I have been loking for months with no luck, 65 isnt enough of an upgrade that I would buy, I have a 55g
look at the footprint of the 65 though... depending on the dimensions of the tank,even a 40g breeder provides almost twice the surface area on the bottom to aquascape... 55's are just too narrow to do a whole lot with. some 65's have the same footprint as a 75 just a tad shorter, which would be excellent for plants/coral as the light wont have to penetrate as deep

If you want the tank get it. I think that set up and take down and move and set back up is hard work. Your new place might have more room for bigger tank. I prefer 110 or 180. But dont we all!

My aquariums have to go in my room, (except my 55g my dad likes it), and unless my room in the next house is say...15x15 I dont think a 180g would work lol

Back
Top Bottom