Good Discus Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr_girlfriend

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have finally decided to make my 90 a planted discus tank. The plants I planned on using are x-mas moss, bolbitis, anubias, val, foxtail, crinum, and probably some clover or monoselnium. Any foreseen problems with those? The tank is co2 injected and ligting is 220watts.
Any additional suggested plants?
TIA

The plants I always kept with my discus when I kept them in a planted tank were Amazon Swords, Dwarf Amazon Swords, and Java Fern. Although I didnt use CO2 injection or have tons of lighitng.

:D With the CO2 and lighting, you can grow most any plant you want. Don't be concerned about the elevated temps discus require. :wink:

Ok, cause some people act like most plants cant take the heat. But I guess if I look at my other planted tank its been around 80-84 because its been so hot and everything is doing fine. Just wanted to double check with some people, thanks!

(ps you can see my new little discus in the show off section :wink: theyre sooo cute!)

Back
Top Bottom