Good Evening, Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carolaj74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi.

Glad to join a forum of fellow aquarists. I started with a 90 gal. saltwater tank and upgraded to 125 gals. earlier this year. I have a 2 1/2 y.o. Stars & Stripes Puffer (who is my baby), a Foxface Lo, Bird Wrasse, Yellow-Eyed Tang, and a Clown fish. The Puffer and Foxface are inseparable.

Since upgrading, I have been battling high nitrates and bubbles in the tank despite constant water changes; this is how I came to find this website. Yesterday I put in a tsp of Vodka and today the nitrates are down -- coincidence? I think not.

If anyone has any suggestions about the bubbles, I'll take it. It's almost like they're little specs of sand (the bubbles)...

Well, another Saturday...time to get off the computer. Have a great weekend.

cj :fish1::fish1::whistle:

Hey welcome friend.

If you have a puffer in there, then you would be doing at least 50% water change per week. Since you are doing that and still getting high nitrates, then it means the tank is not big enough. But I'm just wondering why you didn't have the same problem with the 90g.

Anyways, 125 is still small for all of your fish. Keeping all of them in the tank may stunt its growth (which shortens a fishes life).

I have no idea about your bubble problem.

Good luck and keep learning expanding your knowledge about fish.

Back
Top Bottom